A week with a new baby

On December 3, we welcomed a new blessing into our family: little Asa Cole.

I had been looking at name after name (after name), searching for something that meant “restore” or “healing” or maybe “hope.” Because that’s what I hoped for this new life due so close to the aniversary of Tiggy’s death. And we settled on Asa Cole before we even knew if he was a boy or a girl, with Asa meaning, “doctor, healer” and Cole meaning, “victory of the people.”

And his first week with us has been very full.

Full of siblings, begging to hold him.

Full of gazing into those beautiful eyes.

Full of night time cries from a baby who just wants to be held in his mommy’s arms.

Full of little kisses.

Full of the cautious snuggles of a toddler who wants to be close, but is a little afraid to touch him.

Full of questions about how Tiggy still fits into our family. And the heartwarming revelation of a small child.

And full of his tiny footprints across all of our hearts.

Welcome to our family, little Asa.

This entry was posted in family. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A week with a new baby

1. Wendy Cathcart says:

Congratulations, friend! So glad to hear of little Asa’s arrival into your home and hearts! Loved the pictures you took and so graciously posted…what a warm welcoming home he has!

2. Kristi says:

I found your blog at a time when God saw fit to bring Tiggy home and be with Him. Now I’m here because He saw fit to give you a new life to be with you. I’m super grateful for your transparency as you’re grieving your loss. I hope you’ll be just as open about how you feel about Asa. So far you’re off to a great start! He’s super handsome!! Many blessings to you and your family!!

3. Michelle Bartholomew says:

Oh Dana, I couldn’t be happier for you! Heavenly Father must be so pleased with you! Blessing you with a new, adorable baby son. So good to see some healing pictures of your family. This is such a gift of healing. Love the name and it’s meaning. Congratulations friend! So honored to be able to call you that too! Take care and give the little kiddos and even little Asa a hug and kiss from me. Don’t forget to wrap your arms around yourself…seriously…and squeeze hard. My hug to you across the many miles!

4. Jennifer H. says:

Asa is so beautiful! And God is so good!

5. Pingback: Nursing memories » Roscommon Acres

6. Dana, I’ve been following your blog since your post about Tiggy and his homecoming with the Lord. Someone from our Homeschool group had posted your blog site so that all 200+ families would be praying for you and your family. I have found your blog to give me hope in times of trouble and to bring me joy in times of sorrow. With an overwhelming smile I congratulate you on your new little bundle, your little Asa, your little healer and victor. May the Lord bless your sweet family with abounding hope. So excited for you all! – Sherry
    Sherry Sievewright´s last [type] ..“Make sure to have on clean bundies…”

7. Sharon O says:

I remember you sharing a ‘upcoming birth’ but you never really mentioned it again and I was always afraid to ask. Glad you posted a picture. Be blessed with this little bundle. I know it is a very important ‘joy’ for you… especially at this time of year.
    Sharon O´s last [type] ..Many things we don’t know

8. Sue Dick says:

So happy for you, a wonderful post that brought a tear to my eye and marvelous photos. Your family is beautiful :)

9. nancy says:

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! He is a wonderful addition to your family, and I’m sure all of the children will love him and cherish him.

My daughter lost her three year old to a tragic accident when she was nursing her five month old baby. That baby is now about to turn five, and he talks about the brother that was lost. When he was only three, he was playing with a toy phone and it became evident that he was “talking” to his brother, in Heaven. He said, “Carson, I love you and I miss you”. There has been another baby, and she will also know about her brother in Heaven.

Tiggy will always be a part of your family, and that is how it should be.
    This baby will bring much happiness to your entire family.

nancyr

10. Janel says:

Oh Dana! Congratulations! I’ve been unplugged and didn’t even know you were pregnant. I’m soooo happy for you!! Many blessings!!! {hugs}

11. Sheri says:

Congratulations and Welcome to baby Asa. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

Hugs!
    Sheri´s last [type] ..42

12. Pingback: An answer to prayer » Roscommon Acres

13. hi little Asa, welcome to world :)

14. steroids says:

It’s actually a cool and also beneficial part of information. I’m just glad which you simply embraced this convenient data along with us. Be sure to continue being all of us up to date in this way. Many thanks giving.