Virtual breakfast with me – Dana

Next Monday (May 23), from 7 – 9 AM CST (Thanks, Alison!), picture a hot stack of pancakes, smothered in syrup, and a hot pot of coffee.

Throw in some light conversation and you have breakfast with me!

What: Breakfast and chat
Where: Here at Roscommon Acres
When: Monday, May 23 from 7 – 9 AM CST
Cost: Totally up to you and you are perfectly welcome to just bring you and your coffee in your pajamas.

As part of my first online fundraiser for Tiggy’s House, I thought most of all I’d like to get to know you all a little better. I’ve met so many new friends since I started blogging, and this whole journey has shown me that those virtual connections are very real.

So, I thought I’d ask. How many of you would be willing to take me out to breakfast? I wish we could do it for real, but this is cheaper. I’ve added a chat feature to my blog so that next Monday, you can pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit down to the breakfast of your choice and join me for a chat right here on my blog from 7 – 9 AM.

Just don’t forget to pay the server on the way out, which is of course a donation to Tiny Hands, marked for Tiggy’s House, I figure an average breakfast at IHOP should be about $5, $10 if you’re paying for both of us (and then there’s the children who love those chocolate chip pancakes with the strawberry smiles!). But breakfast at your own kitchen table is just fine, too. I mostly just want to get to know you a little better, and am hoping to raise a little money for Tiggy’s House as well.

You will need to register with my blog for the chat feature to work, and I look forward to chatting with you next week! I’d love to make it a monthly thing and even my mom said she might be persuaded to join in at a different time. How often do you get the chance to meet a blogger’s mom?

Thank you and please help spread the word!

Tiggy’s House is a children’s home in Nepal planned as part of Tiny Hands International’s Dream Center to help children, orphans and particularly victims of sex-traffiicking. We are raising money in memory of our son, Tiggy, who knew more love in his short life than many of these children will know in a lifetime.

This entry was posted in Tiggy's House. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Virtual breakfast with me – Dana

1. jen says:

I hope that your idea of breakfast chat brings you closer to your goal Dana. Donations can be a tricky thing to ask of people. For me, when I give a donation to a cause or a charity I usually don’t speak about it publicly or write about it on my blog- that would be bragging- un-Christian thing to do. Does that make sense to you? I would love to just do it quietly without fan fair in anonymity because its in my heart to do so. I have to admit when I checked this blog and didn’t see another comment I asked myself did others feel the same?
    And I hope that the lack of response to todays post so far isn’t hurting your feelings, I know how something like this is so closely tied to the memory of your son- how personal it feels.
    jen´s last [type] ..solace

2. Nicky Crayton says:

Dana I wouldn’t worry about it. I think throwing yourself into something that not only heals the hurt but will help so many little ones, is what you need to do. Seeking support for Tiggy’s house on your blog your business. This is like your house ya know? You can decorate it anyway you want. (I would really really really like to say a whole lot more. But I could get very defensive for you and it wouldn’t do anyone any good. Some people just don’t think. If people don’t want to support Tiggy’s House then fine. But if you don’t tell us when you are doing a fundraiser then how in the world are we suppose to find out about it? Especially since I’m moving and I want to help support you. AANNdd this is the kind of thing I can do long distance.) And no Jen. Others do not feel the same way.

I’ve asked my prayer army to pray for you and that they would set up “God jars” like we have. You have many more people praying for you and your family than you are aware of.

I’ll try to remember the chat thing. With moving and Jeff being gone I’m very forgetful. Since we are moving to KC, do you think your mom would be interested in getting together? She sounds like one incredible person. and I like incredible people. : ) p.s. so are you. {{hug}}

Thanks, jen. Just trying to make it fun. I’m not that good at any sort of promotion and I’m stepping way outside my comfort zone asking anyone for any thing. And no one is obligated to give anything, just to be clear. Like I said in the entry, mostly I’d like to get to know you all a little better.

I won’t even know what any one gave or whether they gave at all. I’m a little worried about sitting here all by myself, but I have plenty of other things to do, too.:)
    Dana´s last [type] ..Virtual breakfast with me – Dana

Thanks, Nicky. We are so blessed by those prayers and all the kindnesses we’ve been shown Our community here is amazing!

And yes, I’m sure my mom would love to meet you! I’ll forward her your email address if you like.

5. hloube says:

Hi Dana: What a wonderful idea! I’ll actually be on a plane during that time, so I won’t be able to make it to breakfast :-) I would love to join the next one, though! In the meantime, I made a donation to Tiggy’s House. And am keeping your family in my prayers. Harmony

Oh, thank you so much, Harmony! Enjoy your trip! I’ll be enjoying my home made French vanilla instant coffee if I still have any left and hoping someone stops by to say hi. :)
    Dana´s last [type] ..Virtual breakfast with me – Dana

7. Kendra says:

Dana

I think it is a great idea and such a wonderful thing that you are doing. I am fairly new to your blog as I only started reading blogs and thinking about blogging in January, so in some ways I almost feel like I am peeking in on the grief of someone that I don’t really know. I have never commented before either, because it seems awkward to comment on the loss of someone I just recently “met” in the blogosphere (which doesn’t mean that I’m not sorry for your loss). I agree that the virtual connections are real connections and they can make great friendships (I have some virtual friends from back when chat rooms were the “in” thing in the 90′s and they are still good friends). I am sure as much as these other bloggers care about you that you will not end up eating alone.

I think your post was very well done and not offensive in any way. I am hoping (and praying) that it will raise money for Tiggy’s house.

I am not sure I can join this time as we are trying to finish up school. We are highly unmotivated this time of year though so I may decide that breakfast with another homeschool mom is exactly what I need to motivate me (or at least a good excuse to not do school). But please do it again, as I am sure that you will have several others who were not able to join this time that would like to eat with you again.

My husband is self-employed and not working much right now, but I am going to be praying about what the Lord wants us to give. If He wants me to give then I know He will provide a way for that to happen.

God Bless
    Kendra´s last [type] ..Homeschool Mothers Journal-5-15-11

Thank you so much, Kendra. And don’t feel obligated in any way. I am glad you stopped by and left a comment. I like meeting who is out there. :) This summer I’m going to hopefully be meeting a few of the people I’ve known through blogging for years and I’m so excited. A little nervous (who knows what the children will do after so many hours in the car!) but it is nice seeing people “for real.”
    Dana´s last [type] ..Virtual breakfast with me – Dana

9. Clydia says:

I’ll be working, so I won’t be able to join you, but I think it is a FANTASTIC idea!!

10. Clydia says:

To add… I’m off work in the summers, and I would LOVE to join you for breakfast if you do it again next month!

Oh, Clydia, give me a time and we’ll make it work! We’re pretty flexible around here, so I have no problem doing it at different times and on different days!
    Dana´s last [type] ..Virtual breakfast with me – Dana

12. Alison says:

Don’t forget to post your time zone!!! 7-9am for you is like the middle of the afternoon for me!!! :-)
    Alison´s last [type] ..Let me remember

Oh my. Leave it to me to forget the obvious. Thanks!
    Dana´s last [type] ..Our memory quilt

14. WeebleMom says:

What a great idea! We are looking forward to it.
    WeebleMom´s last [type] ..Aunt Tricia’s Dream

15. SUCH an excellent idea!!!!
    Will be fun!
    Teri @ StumblingAroundInTheLight´s last [type] ..Winter Reruns

Thanks, Teri and WeebleMom. I hope you are able to join me! I’m so looking forward to chatting with some of my readers!
    Dana´s last [type] ..The words that were left behind