In memory of our beloved son

I want to take a moment to thank all of you. Our family has been truly overwhelmed by the love and kindness of our community. From the ambulance service sending flowers, the nurse who came to the viewing, the anesthesiologist telling us he saw his own children there on the operating table and total strangers who came across a link on the internet who felt moved to comment, pray and offer support.

We’ve been asked over and over what we need, but we truly are blessed to not have any physical needs. My dad and brother fixed the plumbing. A man from our church came out and fixed the chimney. The funeral home donated its services. The newspaper donated the space in the paper. My husband’s work took care of the fact he left without contacting a supervisor and is giving him the time he needs to be home during this time.

I cannot begin to recount the kindnesses shown us. For those of you who feel moved to give, please consider donating to Tiny Hands International, a ministry working in Asia to rescue children from poverty and sex-trafficking. It would mean a great deal to us if some of the overflowing generosity we have been shown could benefit someone who has true physical needs.

This entry was posted in Tiggy. Bookmark the permalink.

175 Responses to In memory of our beloved son

1. Tonya says:

I’m one of those strangers who came across your website by clicking through a homeschool website… I can only try to express my sincere sympathy to you and your family. I have two children (girl & boy) and any mother would have the same heart felt sympathy towards you and what you went through. May God continue to give you His grace and supply you with his strength and surround you with His everlasting love. Yes, I do believe you WILL see your son again!! God Bless,

2. Stephanie says:

We have no words. We do not know you personally (we heard of you at raisingolives blog), but we know OUR Lord. We know His love for you. Since reading this, I cannot look at our two year old and not feel pain in my heart and a tremendous burden to pray for the pain in your hearts as well. God has been with us through things that we never would have imagined we could get through…I know He will miraculously do the same for you. I cannot imagine how…but I know He is faithful and He WILL. O God, please…and thank you.

3. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » Pajamas and healing

4. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » The time in between

5. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » By His mercy I am not consumed

6. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » Free Gardening Calendar for 2011

7. Pingback: Prayer Requests for 2 hurting families |

8. Tiffany says:

I just saw your post in the sidebar of another blog I visit from time to time. Oh how my heart and prayers go out to you with the loss of your Tiggy. I have a 3-year old and you are so right about them being so vulnerable and this accident could happen to any one of us. I have also had tragedy in my life with the loss of a dear husband. Without faith, where would we be? I am storming heaven with prayers on your behalf while you are being tested and purifed by your suffering. “Suffering is the very best gift He has to give us. He gives it only to His chosen friends.”~St. Therese of Lisieux~ And this is my favorite: “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love”~Mother Teresa~ God Bless you and your precious family until you are re-united with your sweet Tiggy once again.
    Tiffany´s last [type] ..Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto Globe

9. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » A year of life

10. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » Celebrating the time we had

11. Melinda says:

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. God is with you and is holding you, even when you think you are alone.

12. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » Words Matter ~ Breathing life into my soul

13. Pingback: Roscommon Acres » Blog Archive » Help support Tiggy’s House

14. marion yoder says:

I found your blog looking for a recipe for lilac jelly, and stumbled upon the report of poor little Tiggy’s passing. my heart breaks for you, your husband, and your remaining little ones. :’-( reading your posts sent me back to August of last year, when the youngest of my 3 girls fed her 4 month old baby brother a quarter. It lodged in his little windpipe, and as I called 911, and screamed that my baby was dying, he turned blue and went limp in my arms. it seemed like a year before they got there…..
    I remember taking him in to the emergency room, and there, witnessing a miracle. it could have ended differently, God was merciful. I don’t think I would have had the strength to handle it as you have. I still have my precious little boy, but I weep for you, and the fact that you must wait to see your beautiful little guy in the arms of our Lord. you are in my thoughts and, I pray the God would comfort you in your loss, and bring peace and joy back into your home. You are not alone…… Only by His Merciful Grace – Marion

15. c says:

Peace and prayers to you and your family. I can’t imagine…
    Peace. and Prayers…

16. mary says:

My heart breaks for you and your family. I told your story to my husband and 3 adult children. Know that we are praying for you during this time. We will pray at 4am and 8pm for your family. Our time is in the central time zone. Please share with us if needed.

Love in Christ,

Mary

Thank you for those prayers. They mean so much to our family.
    Dana´s last [type] ..We’re back!

18. Tina says:

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. God is strong when we are weak, and seek strength in Him, He never fails. I’m praying for you.
    Tina

19. Pingback: Help Support Tiggy’s House » Tiggy's House

20. Oh Dana my heart hurts so much for you and your family. I know the pain of loosing a child, I lost my little girl to accidental drowning nearly 10 years ago. I thought at the time that I would never be able to laugh or find true joy again… but in time I have, life is still not the same and it is not how I would have ever imagined, but it is still a good life. I feel blessed to have been her mother, just as you were so blessed to have Mattias and be his mom. I don’t understand why these accidents have to happen, I never will understand, but I do know that God can comfort us. He will send people into your path and they will help you along and support you through prayer and friendship. I pray peace for you and your children. I know for us my little boy had to go to counseling for a bit because he saw his sister drown and it was very hard on him, he did play theraphy and it helped so much. Also just talking with him and letting him draw was very helpful to him. Blessings to you, if I can do anything please do not hesitate to contact me. (((((prayers and hugs)))))
    Chandra Moore´s last [type] ..It’s OK to Say “I Don’t Know”

21. Michelle says:

Wow, read your blog about that sad day! Thank you for sharing and thank you for caring about the children in poverty and that are trafficked for sex. I cried as I watched this and thought of my 2 young kids!

Blessings THANK YOU FOR SHARING

22. Pingback: poker

23. Pingback: pokerstars

24. Pingback: Lean

25. Pingback: Help build a children’s home with your Pampered Chef purchases! » Roscommon Acres