Goodbye, my sweet, sweet baby boy

Mattias Ryker Hanley

February 23, 2009 – December 12, 2010

Tiggy, our little oatmeal Pollock.

I don’t know what else to say.

This entry was posted in family. Bookmark the permalink.

264 Responses to Goodbye, my sweet, sweet baby boy

1. ESRA says:

I am writing from Turkey, ─░stanbul.
    During reading your writing I suppose my heart is stopping.
    I really feel very ubset.
    what can a word say my feelings,

sorry for my English….

2. My heart breaks :( Praying for you, your husband and your precious children….may the Lord keep your hearts together as you mourn the tragic loss of your son.. and may your hearts create of garden of memories for Tiggy.

3. Pingback: A Post-Christmas Post: Feeling Thankful | ABCs and Garden Peas

4. sarah says:

I am breathless with grief for you, mama. My youngest is the same age as your lost darling and I can’t imagine the pain of losing him. I will pray you find healing for your pain.

5. Laura Julia says:

i cant even begin to express how sorry i am for u. i cried like a baby reading your story. i lost a baby girl when i was 31 weeks with her so i can relate to the lose. however i can not imagine losing one of my 3 babies (triplets) now that i have held them and cared for them. they will be 8 months on the 6th. i wish i could take away your pain and give u back your little tiggy, but i cant. instead i will pray for you and your family. i hope my baby girl will find your little tiggy up in heaven and they will become great friends. if you ever want to talk please email me at laurajulia03@yahoo.com and i will give you my number or we can chat through email if you’d rather. hugs, love, and prayers from my family to yours.

The Julia Family

6. Melissa says:

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Your Twiggy is a sweet, sweet angel now, and I cried so hard reading this. I am praying for you, and will every day. May God hold you up when you think you can’t go any longer.

7. Lydia J says:

I am so drawn in by you, your life and your grieving the loss of your little Mattias. I just keep coming back and reading more. My heartaches for you, and at the same time I enjoy your simplicitic lifestyle. You are a real doen home women of God. I admire you for taking time to write your experiences down, and having courage to share these personal events and feelings. You have a gift for sharing through the written word. The Lord is strong in you and that is probably why you can share. It seems to help you as well as your readers. Me included as a new reader to your blogs. Your an incredible lady and the Lord is certainly visible in your writing. I thank you for all your sharing. You inspire me , and though I haven’t lo
    st a child after having him in my arms like you, I have lost people in my life. You will touch many in need of hearing your life stories, and help them to deal with like experiences or similar losses. You will be a reminder of the life that the Lord can use, and an encouragement to others seeking the Lord or thinking of homeschooling. Thank you Dana. May the Love of the Lord crry you through.

8. ewa says:

I’m so very sorry for Your loss. I’m prying for you and your family.

9. heidi says:

My son died of a brain tumor at 13 1/2 months. We only knew for 6 days. He died soon after surgery although we were at the best hospital and had the best Dr. This was 24 yrs. ago. I feel your pain and want you to know you will never forget him – never. He is always yours. He is sitting with our Lord Jesus Christ – he is with my son and many other children and they are loved.

10. Dana Duke says:

Dear Dana and family
    I am sad for the loss for you in losing your precious little guy.
    Noone could read this without crying and feeling your pain. I like that you read and reread the scriptures that are to comfort us.

Just know that your family is being prayed for and lifted up.
    My name is Dana as well, and I want you to know that I am thinking and praying for you.

Dana Duke
    Florida (school teacher, Reading and the Arts)

Heidi, I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your encouragement.
    Dana´s last [type] ..We’re back!

Thank you, Dana. This has been and still is a very difficult season for our family. There is always comfort, but the ache is always there, too.

God bless.
    Dana´s last [type] ..We’re back!

13. Pingback: Cutie